Beginning with the 2021-2022 school year, Flour Bluff ISD Early Childhood Center (ECC) will offer full-day Pre-K for children who meet prekindergarten eligibility requirements. The District is currently accepting Pre-K qualifying applications for students who may qualify under the state.
“Pre-K is a wonderful first step for children to become accustomed to an education environment,” said Amy Seeds, ECC Principal. “We know that students who experience the Pre-K jump-start have the opportunity to learn and grow and become life-long learners.”
To qualify for Pre-K under the eligibility requirements set by the state of Texas for the 2021-2022 school year, a child must be 4 years of age by September 1, 2021, plus meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- Educationally disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program;
- Child of an active-duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Have been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS);
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award.
Parents are encouraged to register their child for Pre-K via the Flour Bluff ISD Early Childhood Center website, ecc.flourbluffschools.net.