The Early Childhood Center offers a Pre-K Full Day program for children who qualify under prekindergarten eligibility requirements set by the state of Texas. In order to be eligible for the Pre-Kindergarten Program, state law requires that children must be 4 years old on or before September 1st and meet one of the following:
- Unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- Educationally disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program;
- Homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 11302, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child’s guardian or other person having lawful control of the child;
- Child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Have been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing;
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).